The following privacy notice details the who, what, why, where, when and how of collecting your personal information
1. DefinitionsThe terms, “we”, “I”, or “us”, is referring to Gemma Wilks, Freelance Designer. “Services”, refers to any of the services provided by Gemma Wilks to individuals and businesses.
2. Who has access to your information?Gemma Wilks collects and has access to your information. Under no circumstances, will your data be sold. If referring you to a third party, you’ll be asked for permission before your details are shared, for example, with a recommended copywriter. All third party data processors used on this website are GDPR compliant. The following are used:
- WordPress is the platform used to develop this website.
- Ninja Forms is used for all of the online enquiry forms on this website.
- Totemic IT provide secure hosting and the domain name for this website.
- Google Analytics is used to track the use of this website.
- HotJar is used to analyse your experience while using this website.
- Microsoft Outlook and One Drive are used to communicate via email and store photos and client information.
3. What information is collected about you?Your name, email address and telephone number will be collected upon your initial enquiry via this website or via any other communication method. Your address may also be collected for invoicing and site visit purposes.
4. Why is this information collected?Information is collected in order to:
- discuss your works request or enquiry
- communicate during projects we work on together
- ask for your feedback on the service/s you’ve received
- process invoices and quotes
- respond to any queries or requests
- to follow up on your satisfaction levels with regards to the service and products you’ve received
- comply with legal requirements
5. Where is your data stored/used?All data is stored on a secure computer or One Drive and can only be accessed by the business owner, Gemma Wilks. The result of a project we work on together may be used or shared on:
6. How long is it your data stored for?
- If you’ve had a photo shoot, photos of you and/or your business or business related matters may be displayed on our website or social channels indefinitely and you may be tagged in social media posts.
- Any personal information shared with us for the purpose of arranging a service will be kept until after the service has been completed, however, your name, address and email address will remain on invoice records for the purpose of tax for the length of time required by HMRC (currently five years).
7. How is your data used?Any data submitted via www.gemmawilks.com or by any other means is only ever used solely for the purpose in which it is supplied. Only data needed is collected. This is normally a name and email address and sometimes a telephone number and address.
8. Your rightsThe GDPR provides the following rights for individuals (data subjects):
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.